- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices on your system.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. A new box will pop up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to locate the driver on your hard drive, show them the place where you downloaded the Acer Aspire 1660 drivers.
- You may need to reboot the computer afterwards.
Acer Aspire 1660 Drivers
Find and download Acer Aspire 1660 drivers to a folder on your computer system so that all of your hardware will act as your hardware device should act. Drivers are small files handled by a Windows operating system that offers some code for the CPU to interpret and put into action in order for the computer to make use of the hardware that the file actually refers to. If you do not have the proper drivers the hardware is useless and cannot be communicated with by the operating system in the computer. You should have the correct drivers correctly installed on your Windows desktop or laptop computer in order to operate the device within the operating system of your computer.
Pretty much all hardware devices connected to your computer in one way or another need correct drivers installed on the PC in order for them to work correctly. These hardware devices can be a graphics card, hard disk drive, phone or tons of other devices that are able to be connected to a desktop or laptop computer system by way of plugging in a cable or simply directly plugging it in to the motherboard.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Aspire 1660
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as each device is different, all drivers are different, as well. Because of this that is may seem to be a monumental achievement to find a Acer Aspire 1660 driver for a specific device. For example, every USB drive made by Corsaire needs their own driver. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many drivers available simply for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding your Aspire 1660 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may feel impossible, but you are not alone. A few tips in order to ease your search.
- The manufacturer, or brand, of the device for which you are looking for drivers. (if it came already connected to the computer determine the brand of the PC and use that)
- You then should find out the model number.
- Your operating system on your computer. (check out your Windows start menu in the lower left side of the desktop, open it and right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- You will have to know if you have a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system. (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". )
Some versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) makes quick work of most of the difficult parts for you and will determine the correct drivers and install them onto the system for you. Windows is not perfect, so there may be a time in that you need to locate a Aspire 1660 driver for some device that could not be installed automatically. It is most likely the reason why you came here!
Pretty much all device manufacturers have their drivers listed on their website for use on desktop and laptop computers. Most brands sites are all that easy to find and search for. Some websites do not take into consideration to think about the people that use the website and how little he or she knows about the world of computers, especially when installing Acer Aspire 1660 drivers manually. Most normal PC users have a very hard time knowing exactly what they are looking for and trying to find their way through a poorly constructed website can be irritating , to say the least.
After you located then downloaded from a reputable site the actual driver for your hardware device, you are now able to actually install the driver in your system. After getting it downloaded, you might have to uncompress the file if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once the file is uncompressed you can install the driver to your system. If you are unable to run the program you may need to install them manually.
How to install a Acer Aspire 1660 driver manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.