- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see a list of all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. A new box will pop up.
- Left-click on "Driver" tab.
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If the location of the driver is needed, tell the computer that the Acer Aspire 5342 driver is located in your downloads folder.
- After completion, rebooting the PC may be necessary for any changes to take effect.
Acer Aspire 5342 Drivers
Download Acer Aspire 5342 drivers to your PC system so that you may install an external hardware device, make it work and perform like it was new. A driver is a file that is managed by the operating system that include computer code so that the CPU is able to know what to do so that you can operate the actual device that the file corresponds to. If you do not install the correct drivers the device is inoperable and will never work right. You need these driver files properly installed on your Windows PC so that the device is usable.
Any hardware device attached to your PC need to have drivers downloaded to the computer and then installed onto the operating system in order for them to be used. These particular devices can be a mouse, hard disk drive, cell phone or tons of other devices that are able to be connected to a desktop or laptop computer system by way of physically plugging it in.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Aspire 5342
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as all devices are different from one another, every driver must be different, as well. This is why it can be difficult to locate your Acer Aspire 5342 drivers. For example, each Nikon digital camera has a particular driver made just for it. That comes out to so very many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one only for that brand of hardware!
Finding your Aspire 5342 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may be a long and tedious experience. No one should attempt this without some sort of help from a friend or loved one. A few tips to help make your device driver-hunting experience a little less scary and much more productive.
- The manufacturer (if it is embedded into the motherboard then you need to know the brand of the computer)
- Next you will want to know the model of the device in question in order to download the correct driver.
- Version of Windows that you are running. (for Windows type computers right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- Are you running a 64-bit operating system or just a 32-bit version of Windows? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
Hours can be wasted if you do not know or can not figure out the manufacturer and model as well as the operating system that the device is attached to. Once you have accurate info about the device, it is now possible to start finding the proper Acer Aspire 5342 drivers for the device you are looking to attach to your computer so you can download and install them onto your Windows operating system.
Most newer versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) are capable of doing most of the work for you and will install driver automatically. Windows is not flawless, therefore there might be an instance in that you need to locate a Aspire 5342 driver for some device because Windows failed to install it properly.
Most brands have their drivers listed on their website so you are able to download them at will. Quite a few, but not all manufacturer's websites are quite easy to find and browse through. It seems as if though some brand's websites architects are simply unable or unwilling to think about a regular person and the difficulty involved in trying to install Acer Aspire 5342 drivers on a laptop or desktop computer. Some consumers have a very hard time knowing exactly what they are looking for and struggling to navigate a poorly designed website can be extremely maddening , to say the least.
After you located and received the right driver for the hardware you are looking to install, you should be able to then install the driver. You might need to uncompress the driver if the file extension is either .zip or .rar. After uncompression (if needed) you should now be able to run the program and install the device driver. If, for some reason, the driver does not get installed you may need to install them manually.
Here are the instructions for installing a Acer Aspire 5342 driver by hand:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.