- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the devices that is attached to your PC.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. Another box should pop up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Left-click on "Update Driver" and follow the prompts as needed.
- If the location of the driver is needed, show them the place where you downloaded the Acer Travelmate 240 drivers.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Acer Travelmate 240 Drivers
Instructions on how to download Acer Travelmate 240 drivers to your Windows computer system so that all of your hardware and peripheral devices will run more efficiently. Hardware drivers are little files that contain coded instructions for the PC to use so that you can use the device that the file corresponds to. If you do not install the proper driver files to the operating system there is no reason for the computer to communicate with the device. The hardware is of no use and will never work. You will have to have the right drivers correctly installed on your Windows operating system so you can use this piece of hardware.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 240
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because every piece of hardware is different from each other, there are a lot of different drivers, as well. This is the biggest reason why it is a mammoth task to come across the correct driver. For example, each and every nVidia video card has to have drivers installed. That comes out to many, many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one simply for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding the exact Travelmate 240 driver may be surprisingly hard to do. Take a look at the following list of driver-hunting tips before you head out searching for your particular Travelmate 240 driver.
- The brand of the device you are looking for. (if it is built-in to the motherboard then you just need the brand of the computer)
- The model of the device you are searching for.
- Version of Windows that you are running. (in Windows, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". Everything you need to know will be in the box that pops up)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
In order to find the correct driver you really, really need to know the brand and model of the device and Windows version which the computer is running. After you have the correct information about the specific device you are trying to connect to your computer you can begin to look for Acer Travelmate 240 drivers and install them onto your system.
The most recent types of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10) makes quick work of most of the difficult parts for you and can install the drivers itself. There may be occasions in which you need to find on the Internet the Travelmate 240 driver for a particular hardware device that Windows was not able to install on its own. Which is probably the reason why you are here!
All reputable device manufacturers offer free downloads of their drivers for use on consumer computers. Not all manufacturer's websites are easy to locate and browse through. A few companies do not take time to think of the basic consumer and how hard it can be trying to install Acer Travelmate 240 drivers on a laptop or desktop computer. A lot of consumers have a hard time knowing what they are looking for, and trying to navigate a poorly designed website can be maddening , to say the least.
After you located and downloaded the elusive driver file from online for your hardware or peripheral device, you should then install it. You may have to uncompress the file if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once uncompressed you should run the program to install the driver. If, for some reason, the driver does not get installed you may have to install the Acer Travelmate 240 driver manually.
The old-school way to install Acer Travelmate 240 drivers onto your system:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.