- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. A new box will pop up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you need to locate the driver on your computer, show them the place where you downloaded the Acer Travelmate 280 drivers.
- You may need to reboot the computer afterwards.
Acer Travelmate 280 Drivers
All Acer Travelmate 280 drivers available to download to a folder on your computer system so that you can make your hardware device act as your hardware device should act. A driver is just a small file that the operating system uses and that include instructions so that the computer can understand it so that the PC can operate the hardware device that the file actually refers to. Without proper drivers the hardware is useless and cannot be used. You should have the proper driver files installed on your personal computer in order to operate the device within the operating system of your computer.
All hardware and peripheral devices should have device drivers that need to be installed in order for the devices to be used. These devices can be a system BUS, hdd, USB drive or thousands of other hardware devices that are able to be connected to a computer in some sort of way.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 280
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as there are differences, though small, within the same type of hardware devices, all drivers are different, as well. Because of this, it could appear on the outset to be a very difficult task to find a Acer Travelmate 280 driver for a specific device. For example, every cell phone made by Samsung needs their own driver. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many driver files needed to navigate through simply for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding your Travelmate 280 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may be surprisingly hard to do. Browse these tips as you are searching for drivers.
- The manufacturer, or brand, of the device for which you are looking for drivers. (if it is built-in to the motherboard then the brand of the PC is what you should use)
- Now you should locate the model number in order to download the specific driver that is needed.
- The version of Windows on your PC. (check out your Windows start menu in the lower left side of the desktop, open it and right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- You will have to know if you have a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system. (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If 64-bit is not stated then assume 32-bit.)
If you do not want to be searching for hours for a driver, then you MUST know the correct make and model number as well as which version of Windows you are running that will contain the drivers. After you have gathered the information about the model and maker of the device in question you may begin to search for drivers and download them onto your desktop or laptop computer.
Most newer versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) can easily find and download drivers for you and is capable of installing the proper drivers onto the system for the user whenever it detects any new hardware or device attached to the computer. Sometimes a driver can not be installed automatically, so in which searching is needed for the Travelmate 280 driver file that Windows could not install.
Most notable companies have their drivers listed on their website for use on desktop and laptop computers. Not all brands websites are all that easy to find and may be hard to navigate. A few companies do not take time to think about the people that use the website and how little he or she knows about the world of computers, especially when trying to install device drivers for a Acer Travelmate 280. A lot of people have a tough time knowing exactly what they are looking for and trying to navigate through the gauntlet of poorly coded websites can be very irksome , to say the least.
Once you found then downloaded from a reputable site the actual driver from online for your hardware device, you can then install the device onto your Windows system. After having it downloaded to your hard drive, the file may need to be uncompressed if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once the file is uncompressed you should run the program to install the driver. If you are unable to install the driver for any reason you may need to install them manually.
How to install a Acer Travelmate 280 driver manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.