- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the devices that are installed onto Windows.
- Find anything with a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. Another box will open up.
- Look for a "Driver" tab and click on it.
- Next, click on "Update Driver" and proceed through the installation of your driver.
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the download location for your Acer Travelmate 290 driver.
- Once finished, reboot the computer.
Acer Travelmate 290 Drivers
Install and download Acer Travelmate 290 drivers from the web to your hard drive so that you can make your hardware device run the way your device should run. Drivers are really just small text files used by the operating system that include all necessary instructions so that the PC can interpret it and understand it so that one may operate the hardware device that the small text file you download actually pertains to. Without the correct drivers the hardware device is useless and can not be operated. You should have the correct drivers actually installed on your Windows operating system in order to utilize the device.
All hardware devices has to have the right drivers installed in Windows in order for them to work correctly. These devices can be a keyboard, hard drive, memory card or anything that can be connected to a computer in some form or another.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 290
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because each device is different from one another, every driver file is different, too. This is the biggest reason why it is a mammoth task to locate a Acer Travelmate 290 driver for a particular device. For instance, each printer made by Lexmark has to have their very own driver installed onto the Windows computer in order to function properly. That adds up to thousands and thousands of driver files to wade through in order to find the right one just for that particular brand of hardware!
Hunting down the correct Travelmate 290 driver for your particular device may be surprisingly hard to do. Browse the following helpful tips as you embark on your driver searching journey into the dark world of random Internet sites and portals.
- The brand (if it is actually on the motherboard then find out the brand of computer and use that)
- Now you need the model number.
- The version of Windows. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". The important information that you need will be displayed in a window that pops up)
- Is your OS 64 or 32 bit? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
A good many companies have downloads available online for use by the public. But, not all brands sites are real simple to locate and navigate. Some manufacturers do not take the time to think of the usual customers who need to use the site and how much stress and torture comes with trying to manually install Acer Travelmate 290 drivers on a computer. Most people find it tough in knowing what driver they are searching for and struggling to navigate a poorly constructed website can be extremely annoying.
Be mindful if you are downloading Travelmate 290 drivers from a site you do not know. To save yourself a possible risk of infection, you should only download drivers from the device manufacturer's website. Viruses and other malware can be downloaded through thousands of different types of files. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file is a mistake if it turns out to be a virus. The very best anti-virus software can prevent ALL viruses. This is why this site sends you to the device manufacturer's. The device maker's website is more trustworthy than others.
After you located and then obtained the right driver file from the web for the device attached to your computer system, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After obtaining it from the web you may need to uncompress the driver file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. Once the file is uncompressed you should install the driver. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to install properly you could have to install the Acer Travelmate 290 drivers manually.
The best way to install Acer Travelmate 290 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.