- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices on your system.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. A new window should open up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Go ahead and click on "Update Driver".
- If the location of the driver is needed, point the system to the Acer Travelmate 290E driver you have already downloaded.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Acer Travelmate 290E Drivers
Directions in order to download Acer Travelmate 290E drivers to your hard drive on your desktop or laptop so you may update older or missing device drivers and make your device perform at its peak. Drivers are basically just little files that include code so that the processor can process it in order for the computer to make use of the hardware that the driver file relates to. Without legitimate drivers the hardware is inoperable and cannot be communicated with by the operating system in the computer. You should have drivers downloaded and installed on your computer so that the motherboard can effectively communicate with the device and you are able to use it.
Pretty much all hardware devices connected to your computer in one way or another have driver files that should be installed in order for them to work correctly. These particular devices can be a printer, hdd, memory card or tons of other devices that are able to be connected to a desktop or laptop computer system by way of plugging in a cable or simply directly plugging it in to the motherboard.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 290E
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because each device is different from one another, there are many different drivers available too. It is because of this that it may be difficult to find a Acer Travelmate 290E driver for a specific device. For instance, every USB drive made by Corsaire has to have drivers installed. That comes out to many, many drivers available to download simply for that particular brand of hardware!
Downloading the specific Travelmate 290E driver that you need can be a difficult and dangerous journey. Just remember that you are not alone is this. Read the following list of items you should know in order to ease your search.
- The device maker (if it came already connected to the computer figure out the brand of the computer itself and use that brand name)
- Model number of the device for which you are searching for.
- The version of Windows operating system. (for all Windows PCs, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". OS info should now be visible)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". )
In order to find the correct driver you really, really need to know the correct brand and model as well as the operating system for which the hardware device is attached. Once the info has been obtained and written down about the specific device you are trying to connect to your computer you should now start your search for Acer Travelmate 290E drivers so you can download and install them in your Windows OS computer.
Most newer versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) are capable of doing most of the work for you and will install driver automatically. Windows is not flawless, therefore there might be an instance in that you need to locate a driver that the OS was not able to install on its own. Which is the most likely reason why you searched the Internet to come here!
Most hardware and device manufacturers list their driver database and make it available for people for use on consumer computers. Most brands sites are quick to locate and use with any efficiency. Some websites do not take into consideration to contemplate the average computer user and how difficult it is attempting to install drivers. A lot of regular computer users find it very difficult figuring out what driver they are searching for and trying to find their way through a poorly constructed website can be very aggravating.
You can never be too careful when downloading Travelmate 290E drivers and other files from unknown websites. To save yourself a possible risk of infection, you should only download drivers from the manufacturer's website. Spyware and viruses can be ruthlessly disguised as thousands of different types of files. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file can be catastrophic if the downloaded file turns out to be a virus. There is no antivirus program that can not stop ALL viruses. It is because of this that we send you to the device maker's website. The website of the device's manufacturer is going to be safer to download from than other's.
Once you have located and downloaded the proper driver for the device you are wanting to use, you are now able to actually install the driver in your system. You may need to uncompress the file after downloading especially if it ends with a .zip or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the driver to your system. In some circumstances it could be that you might have to install the Acer Travelmate 290E driver another way.
Here is how to install Acer Travelmate 290E drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.