- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see every device that are connected to your computer system.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. A new box will pop up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the place where you downloaded the Acer Travelmate 340 drivers.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Acer Travelmate 340 Drivers
Here you can download Acer Travelmate 340 drivers right to a folder on your computer system so that all of your hardware will perform like it was new. Drivers are really just small text files used by the operating system that are made entirely of computer code for the CPU to interpret and put into action in order for the PC to utilize the particular device that the driver file corresponds to. If you do not download and properly install the right drivers onto the operating system then the device is useless and can not effectively communicate with any part of the operating system or other hardware devices. You need the correct drivers properly installed on your Windows desktop or laptop computer in order to operate this piece of hardware.
Almost all devices connected to your computer need drivers installed on the computer in order for the hardware to be utilized. These devices can be a printer, hard drive, cell phone or hundreds of other devices that are able to be connected to your system in some sort of way.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 340
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every single device, even from the same company, is different from each other, all drivers are different, as well. This is why it can be difficult to find a Acer Travelmate 340 driver for a specific device. For example, each cell phone by Apple has to have drivers installed. You can see why it can be quite difficult to find drivers simply for a particular manufacturer of hardware devices.
Finding your Travelmate 340 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may feel impossible, but you are not alone. Browse the following helpful tips as you descend into the realm of driver downloads.
- The brand of the device you are looking for. (if it is physically connected to the PC then you can use the brand of the computer in order to find the right driver for the device)
- Next, the model number.
- You operating system type. (check out your Windows start menu in the lower left side of the desktop, open it and right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
Recent Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) nicely does most of the work for the user and install the drivers automatically. There may be times in which searching is needed for some software or a driver because Windows was not able to fully install it for one reason or another. Hence, why you are here!
The majority of manufacturers have their drivers listed on their website for use on consumer computers. Most, but not all branded sites are quite easy to find and use at all. Some manufacturers website architects refuse to think of the basic consumer and how little he or she knows about the world of computers, especially when attempting to install Acer Travelmate 340 drivers on a PC. A lot of customers have a difficult time knowing exactly what they are looking for and trying to navigate through a poorly designed site can be somewhat trying , to say the least.
After you located and downloaded the driver file for the hardware you are looking to install, you should install it. After getting from online you might have to uncompress the file if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once uncompressed you should now be able to run the program and install the device driver. Unfortunately, in some instances you may need to install them manually.
Manual install directions for Acer Travelmate 340 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.