- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. A new window should open up.
- Left-click on "Driver" tab.
- Then click on "Update Driver" and follow the prompts.
- If the location of the driver is needed, point the PC to look where you have downloaded your Acer Travelmate 6493 driver.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Acer Travelmate 6493 Drivers
Instructions on how to download Acer Travelmate 6493 drivers directly to your computer system in order to have your hardware device run better. Drivers are just text files managed by an operating system that contains some code for the CPU to make sense of it in order to actually use the hardware that the driver file relates to. If you do not install the proper driver files to the operating system the hardware is inoperable and cannot be utilized. You should have drivers downloaded and installed on your operating system so that the motherboard can effectively communicate with the device and you are able to use it.
All hardware devices need proper drivers installed in order for the devices to be used. These particular devices can be a video card, hdd, cell phone or anything that can be connected to a computer by way of physically plugging it in.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 6493
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because each device is different from one another, all driver files must also be different, too. This is the main reason as to why it may seem be next to impossible to locate your Acer Travelmate 6493 drivers. For instance, each part of every ASRock main board actually needs its own individual driver in order to work. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many drivers available to download only for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Locating the proper Travelmate 6493 driver is a tedious task at best. Take a look at the following list of driver-hunting tips to help make your life easier.
- The device maker (if it's built into the computer then the brand of the PC is what you should use)
- Now you should locate the model number in order to download the specific driver that is needed.
- The version of Windows operating system. (look in Windows start menu right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then you should left-click on "Properties". All of the important information will be located in the window that pops up)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if your operating system is 64-bit it will be stated in the box that pops up when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". )
In order to find the correct driver you really, really need to know the brand and model of the device and operating system that you will be installing it on. Once you have accurate info about the specific device you are trying to connect to your computer you can begin to look for Acer Travelmate 6493 drivers so you can download and install them on your hard drive.
Newer versions of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10) are capable of doing most of the work for you and will install driver automatically. You could find a time in which you need to find on the Internet the Travelmate 6493 driver for a particular hardware device that Windows was not able to install on its own.
The majority of manufacturers offer downloads of their device drivers for use on consumer computers. Not all branded websites are that easy to locate and use with any efficiency. Some companies do not take the time to contemplate the average computer user and the difficult task of attempting to install drivers. A lot of people have a tough time understanding what they are searching for and attempting to find their way through a poorly constructed website can be very irksome.
Be extremely careful when downloading Travelmate 6493 drivers from suspicious looking sites. For safety reasons, try to only download from a hardware maker's website. Spyware and viruses can make their way into just about any type of file found on the Internet. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file can be disastrous if it ended up to be a virus. No anti-virus software can not stop ALL viruses. It is because of this that we send you to the device maker's website. The manufacturer's sites are more trusted than other third party websites.
After you located and downloaded the driver file for your device, you should then install it. After having it downloaded to your hard drive, the file may need to be uncompressed if the file ends with .zip, .7z or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you may then have to run the program and that will install the driver. In some circumstances you might have to go ahead and install the Acer Travelmate 6493 driver manually.
Manual install directions for Acer Travelmate 6493 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.