- Go ahead and Right-click on "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- Once the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices connected to your computer.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. Another box should pop up.
- Click on the "Driver" tab near the top of the box.
- Click on the button labeled "Update Driver".
- If you are asked to locate the driver on your computer, point it to the Acer Travelmate 6495T driver files you just downloaded.
- Restart the PC.
Acer Travelmate 6495T Drivers
Lots of Acer Travelmate 6495T drivers to download to your hard drive on your computer so you can install hardware and make it run much more efficiently. A driver is just a tiny file that is entirely composed of computer coded instructions so that the PC can interpret it and understand it in order to make use of the hardware that the file is associated with. If you do not install the correct drivers the peripheral device is useless and can not be communicated with. You have to have the correct drivers installed on your personal computer so that you are able to use the hardware device.
All external devices should have device drivers that need to be installed in order for the hardware to be utilized. These devices can be a graphics card, floppy drive, cell phone or hundreds of other devices that are able to be connected to your system by way of directly plugging it in or by using a cable.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 6495T
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because each device is different, there are differences with every driver file as well. It is because of this that it could seem like a daunting task to locate a Acer Travelmate 6495T driver for a particular device. For example, all the different ASUS motherboard components all needs a specific device driver in order to work properly within the system. That comes out to many, many driver files just for that particular brand of hardware!
Finding the right driver is a tedious task at best. Here is a list of some helpful tips before you go looking.
- The name of the company that made the device (if it is a built-in device connected to the computer figure out the brand of the computer itself and use that brand name)
- Model number of the device for which you are searching for.
- The operating system that the device will be installed on. (for Windows computers, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". Your operating system version and type should be visible via the box that opened up on your desktop)
- You will need to figure out if you have a 64-bit operating system or a 32-bit system installed on your PC. (if your operating system is 64-bit it will be stated in the box that pops up from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
You need to figure out the correct make and model number as well as the operating system that you will be installing it on. Once the info has been obtained and written down about the piece of hardware that you want to install, you may begin to search for drivers so you can install them on your computer.
It is a safe bet that most manufacturers of hardware devices have a listing of driver downloads available to the public for use on computers that are attached to their product. But, not all manufacturer's websites are clearly marked or really easy to find and to navigate. Some brand's websites do not like to take the average user into consideration and the difficulty in installing Acer Travelmate 6495T drivers. A lot of regular computer users find it very difficult figuring out what they are looking for and attempting to navigate a poorly constructed website can be very aggravating , to say the least.
After you searched, found then downloaded the driver for the hardware you are looking to install, you should install it. You may need to uncompress the file after downloading if it ends with a .zip or .rar. Once uncompressed you are able to install the driver. If that doesn't work it may be that you will need to install your Acer Travelmate 6495T driver by hand.
The old-school way to install Acer Travelmate 6495T drivers onto your system:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.