- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see a list of all the hardware devices on your system.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. Another box will open up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you are told to provide a location of the driver on your system, point the PC to look where you have downloaded your Acer Travelmate 6500 driver.
- After completion, rebooting the PC may be necessary for any changes to take effect.
Acer Travelmate 6500 Drivers
Update and download Acer Travelmate 6500 drivers here to your Windows system so you can install your device and make it operate properly. Drivers are really just small text files used by the operating system that includes necessary instructions about the device in order for the computer to make use of the hardware that the small driver file actually pertains to. Without drivers the hardware is meaningless and will not properly communicate with your computer system. You will have to have the correct actually installed on your PC so you can use this piece of hardware.
Almost all devices connected to your computer should have driver files that have to be installed onto the operating system in order for the hardware to be utilized. These devices can be a printer, hard disk drive, camera or thousands of other hardware devices that are able to be connected to a computer in one way or another.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 6500
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every device is different, there are a lot of different drivers, too. Because of this it can be challenging to find a specific Acer Travelmate 6500 driver that you are looking for. For instance, each cell phone by Apple has to have a specific driver made just to make it work with a computer. That adds up to thousands and thousands of drivers available to download only for that brand of hardware!
Finding and downloading the proper driver can be an excruciating experience, at best. Here are a few things you need to know before you leave on your driver-hunting experience.
- The name of the manufacturer (if it is already attached to the motherboard of the computer system then you need to know the brand of the computer)
- You have the brand now you need the model.
- The type of Windows operating system that is installed on your computer system. (for all types of Windows PCs, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then you should left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- Are you running a 64-bit operating system or just a 32-bit version of Windows? (if your operating system is 64-bit it will be stated in the box that pops up from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
In order to locate the specific driver that is needed to make your device work on your computer, you absolutely must know the make and device model as well as the operating system of the computer. Once you have accurate info about the brand and model of your device it is now possible to start finding the proper Acer Travelmate 6500 drivers for the device you are looking to attach to your computer and get them downloaded and installed onto your Windows operating system.
A lot of brands list drivers of their hardware products online so you are able to download them at will. Not every brand's sites are really that easy to find and they may not all be constructed for easy navigation. A few brands website webmasters are unable to think about a normal computer user and how hard it is installing Acer Travelmate 6500 drivers into Windows operating systems. Some consumers have a very hard time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and attempting to navigate through a poorly designed site can be strenuous.
Be mindful if you are downloading Travelmate 6500 drivers and other files from random unknown websites. In order to lower your risk for malware, it would be best to only download drivers from the hardware maker's website if all possible. Malware can be ruthlessly disguised as thousands of different types of files. Downloading and installing a file that you think is a Travelmate 6500 driver is a big mistake if the file ends up to have a virus. No anti-virus software can prevent ALL viruses. Because of the possibility of a virus download, we send you directly to the maker's website. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy and less likely to get a virus than anywhere else.
After you searched, found and received the driver from online for the device attached to your computer system, you can begin to install the file. After you have downloaded the file you may have to uncompress it if the file ends with .zip, .7z or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you are now able to go ahead and install the driver onto your Windows system. If the driver fails to install you must install the Acer Travelmate 6500 driver manually.
Instructions for installing Acer Travelmate 6500 drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.