- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. Another box will open up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to locate the driver on your hard drive, point the system to the Acer Travelmate 660 driver you have already downloaded.
- After you have finished, a reboot is most likely next.
Acer Travelmate 660 Drivers
Locate missing drivers and download Acer Travelmate 660 drivers from here so that all of your hardware will act as your hardware device should act. Hardware drivers are just files that include instructions for the CPU to use in order for the computer to make use of the hardware that the driver file relates to. Without the right drivers downloaded and installed on the operating system the device is inoperable and cannot be used. You will have to have the correct actually installed on your personal computer in order to utilize this certain piece of hardware.
Pretty much all devices should have drivers associated with them and needs to be installed in order for them to be used. These devices can be a graphics card, hard disk drive, camera or any other device that can be connected to a computer system.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 660
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because even though each device from the same company is different from one another, each small driver file must be different from one another, too. It is because of this that it could seem like a daunting task to search and locate the right Acer Travelmate 660 drivers. For instance, all the different ASUS motherboard components all needs its own specific driver to work right. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many driver files simply for a specific brand of devices.
Finding and downloading the proper driver can be a difficult and dangerous journey. Just remember that you are not alone is this. Read the following list of items you should know as you are searching for drivers.
- The brand of the device (if it came already connected to the computer then you just need to know the brand of the PC)
- Now you should locate the model number in order to download the specific driver that is needed.
- The exact type of Windows that is on your computer. (in your Windows Start Menu, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- You need to know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If 64-bit is not stated then assume 32-bit.)
If you do not want to be searching for hours for a driver, then you MUST know the device brand and model number and Windows version that will contain the drivers. Once you have accurate info about the model and maker of the device in question you should look online for your specific Acer Travelmate 660 drivers and download them to your computer and then install them in your Windows OS computer.
A few of the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and 10) can easily find and download drivers for you and is capable of installing the proper drivers onto the system for the user whenever it detects any new hardware or device attached to the computer. There may be times in which you will need to hunt down a Travelmate 660 driver for some device that Windows failed to install automatically.
Plenty of hardware manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online for use on their customer computers. Not all brands websites are really that easy to find and navigate with any sense of direction. Some websites do not take into consideration to think of Joe Consumer and the possible heart attack that may be associated with attempting to manually install Acer Travelmate 660 device drivers on a Windows operating system. Some customers have a difficult time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and trying to navigate through the gauntlet of poorly coded websites can be very irksome.
Once you found and then download the driver from the Internet for the device attached to your computer system, you can then install the device onto your Windows system. After having it downloaded to your hard drive, the file may need to be uncompressed especially if it ends with a .zip or .rar. After you do that you can install the driver to your system. In some instances when the device driver fails to install you must install the Acer Travelmate 660 driver manually.
Manual install directions for Acer Travelmate 660 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.