- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. Another box should pop up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Click on the button labeled "Update Driver".
- If the location of the driver is needed, tell the computer that the Acer Travelmate 8371G driver is located in your downloads folder.
- Restart the PC.
Acer Travelmate 8371G Drivers
Find and download Acer Travelmate 8371G drivers directly to your hard drive so you can make your hardware operate better. Hardware drivers are just files that are composed of code so that the CPU can interpret it so that the computer can use the device that the file corresponds to. Without precise drivers the device is unworkable and can not be operated. You have to have the correct drivers correctly installed on your Windows desktop or laptop computer so that you are able to use the hardware device.
Pretty much all hardware devices connected to your computer in one way or another need correct drivers installed on the PC in order for the hardware to be utilized. These devices can be a keyboard, hard disk drive, cell phone or anything else that can be connected to the pc by way of plugging in a cable or simply directly plugging it in to the motherboard.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 8371G
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because every piece of hardware is different from each other, every single driver file must be different, as well. Because of this that is may seem to be a monumental achievement to come across the correct driver. For example, each USB drive made by SanDisk needs a specific device driver in order to work properly within the system. That comes out to many, many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one only for that particular brand of hardware!
Finding the exact Travelmate 8371G driver can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! A few tips to help make your device driver-hunting experience a little less scary and much more productive.
- The name of the company that made the device (if it is built into the PC then you need to find out the brand of the computer)
- The model of the device you are searching for.
- Version of Windows that you are running. (click on Windows "Start" menu, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-click on "Properties". Your operating system version and type should be visible via the box that opened up on your desktop)
- You will need to figure out if you have a 64-bit operating system or a 32-bit system installed on your PC. (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
In order to find the correct driver you really, really need to know the brand and model of the device as well as the Windows operating system version for which the hardware device is attached. After you have gathered the information about the specific device you are trying to connect to your computer you can begin to look for Acer Travelmate 8371G drivers so you can download and install them on your hard drive.
A lot of the new versions of Windows (MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) will attempt to do most of the difficult work for the user of the system and is capable of detecting and installing the right drivers for the specific device. There could be an instance in which finding and downloading is necessary for some software or a driver that the OS was not able to install on its own. Windows is not perfect.
Most device brands have a listing of driver downloads available to the public for use on computers that are attached to their product. Quite a few, but not all manufacturer's websites are available all the time and browse through. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to take the average user into consideration and the high blood pressure that arises stemming from trying to install Acer Travelmate 8371G drivers on a laptop or desktop computer. Most consumers have a hard time figuring out what they are looking for and struggling to navigate a poorly designed website can be maddening , to say the least.
Watch out for when you download drivers from a site you have never seen before. For safety reasons, try to only download from a hardware maker's website to be safe. Viruses and other malware can be attached to a lot of different unsuspected files. Installing a file that you think is a Travelmate 8371G driver can be a big mistake if you ended up installing a virus. No anti-virus software can not stop ALL viruses. This is why we send you directly to the manufacturer's website. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy than other third party websites.
After you located then downloaded the correct driver file for your hardware or peripheral device, you should be able to then install the driver. You may have to uncompress the file if the file extension is either .zip or .rar. Once uncompressed you can install the driver file onto Windows. If, for some reason, the driver does not get installed it may be that you will need to install your Acer Travelmate 8371G driver by hand.
Instructions for installing Acer Travelmate 8371G drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.