- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices that are installed onto Windows.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. A new window should open up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Go ahead and click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the download location for your Acer Travelmate 8471 driver.
- Once finished, reboot the computer.
Acer Travelmate 8471 Drivers
Directions in order to download Acer Travelmate 8471 drivers to your downloads folder on your computer so you can install your device and make it operate more efficiently. A driver is really only a tiny text file that is used by the OS that has the necessary computer code from the device manufacturer for the processor to interpret and use so that you can operate the actual device that the small text file you download actually pertains to. Without correct drivers downloaded and installed onto the system the hardware device is useless and will never be of any use. You should have drivers downloaded and correctly installed on your hard drive so that you are able to use the hardware device.
Almost all devices connected to your computer should have device drivers that need to be installed in order for them to work correctly. These hardware devices can be a printer, hdd, memory card or thousands of other hardware devices that are able to be connected to a computer in some sort of way.
- BRAND: Acer
- MODEL: Travelmate 8471
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because of the fact that every single piece of hardware is different, all driver files must be different, too. It is because of this that it may be difficult to find and download the proper driver for the particular device. For instance, each and every single Sony camera has to have their very own driver installed onto the Windows computer in order to function properly. You can see why it can be quite difficult to find driver files to wade through in order to find the right one just for that particular brand of hardware!
Downloading the specific Travelmate 8471 driver that you need can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Read the following list of items you should know as you embark on your driver searching journey into the dark world of random Internet sites and portals.
- The brand (if it is built into the PC figure out the brand of the computer itself and use that brand name)
- Next, the model number.
- The version of Windows. (in all versions of Windows operating systems, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". OS info should now be visible)
- Is your OS 64 or 32 bit? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
Make sure you know the model and brand of the piece of hardware and OS type for which the hardware device is attached. After you have the correct information about the hardware device, you should now start your search for Acer Travelmate 8471 drivers so you can install them onto Windows.
The majority of manufacturers list their driver database and make it available for people for use by the public. But, not all brands sites are quick to locate and navigate. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to think of the usual customers who need to use the site and how much suffering can go into trying to manually install Acer Travelmate 8471 drivers on a computer. A lot of regular computer users find it very difficult figuring out what driver they are searching for and struggling to navigate a poorly constructed website can be somewhat trying.
Be mindful if you are downloading Travelmate 8471 drivers and software from a site that does not end in a dot com. Try to stick to the device maker's site if you can. Viruses and other malware can make their way into a lot of different unsuspected files. Downloading and trying to install a Travelmate 8471 driver onto a Windows computer can be disastrous if the file turns out to be corrupt. Even the greatest anti-virus software can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why you should always download drivers from the manufacturer's website. The manufacturer's sites are more trusted and more reliable than anyone else's.
Once you found and then obtained the driver file for the device you are wanting to use, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After getting from online you might have to uncompress the file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. Once the file is uncompressed you can install the driver file onto Windows. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to install properly it could be that you might have to install the Acer Travelmate 8471 driver another way.
Manual install directions for Acer Travelmate 8471 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.