- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see a list of all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. A new box will pop up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you need to locate the driver on your computer, show them the place where you downloaded the Asus M5A drivers.
- Once finished, reboot the computer.
Asus M5A Drivers
Update and download Asus M5A drivers to a folder on your computer system so that you can make your device perform properly. Drivers are really just small text files used by the operating system that are composed of coded instructions about the hardware device so that the CPU can use it so that the system can utilize the particular piece of hardware that the file actually refers to. Without appropriate driver files downloaded and installed there is no way for the system to make use of the hardware device. The hardware is useless and cannot be used. You have to have the correct drivers installed on your hard drive of your computer so you can make use of this piece of hardware.
Almost all devices connected to your computer need to have the proper drivers installed within the operating system in order for the hardware to be utilized. These devices can be a mouse, disk drive, phone or hundreds of other devices that are able to be connected to your system by way of plugging in a cable or simply directly plugging it in to the motherboard.
- BRAND: Asus
- MODEL: M5A
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as there are differences, though small, within the same type of hardware devices, all drivers are different, as well. For reason aforementioned, it may be very hard to find a Asus M5A driver for a specific device. For example, every cell phone made by Samsung needs its own individual driver in order to work. That comes out to so very many driver files needed to navigate through simply for that brand of hardware!
Finding your M5A driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may be surprisingly hard to do. Browse the following helpful tips as you are searching for drivers.
- Who made it? (if it is built-in to the motherboard then you need to know the brand of the computer)
- Next you will want to know the model of the device in question in order to download the correct driver.
- The version of Windows on your PC. (check out your Windows start menu in the lower left side of the desktop, open it and right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- Is your OS 64 or 32 bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If 64-bit is not stated then assume 32-bit.)
Most device brands have their drivers listed on their website for use by the public. Not all brands websites are quite easy to find and may be hard to navigate. A few companies do not take time to think about the average consumer and how little he or she knows about the world of computers, especially when trying to install device drivers for a Asus M5A. Some consumers have a very hard time knowing exactly what they are looking for and trying to navigate through the gauntlet of poorly coded websites can be extremely maddening , to say the least.
Be attentive if you ever download M5A driver and other files from a site you do not know. Try to stick to the hardware maker's website if all possible. Viruses and other malware can make their way into just about any type of file found on the Internet. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file can be a big mistake if it turns out to be a virus. Even the best anti-virus can prevent ALL viruses. Because of the possibility of a virus download, we send you directly to the device manufacturer's. Their websites are safer and therefore, better to download your drivers from.
After you located and then obtained the correct driver file for the hardware you are looking to install, you can then install the device onto your Windows system. You might need to uncompress the driver if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once the file is uncompressed you should run the program to install the driver. If you are unable to install the driver for any reason you may need to install them manually.
Instructions for installing Asus M5A drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.