- Go ahead and Right-click on "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are installed onto Windows.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. Another box will open up.
- Look for a "Driver" tab and click on it.
- Next, click on "Update Driver" and proceed through the installation of your driver.
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the download location for your Dell Inspiron 1012 driver.
- Restart the PC.
Dell Inspiron 1012 Drivers
Howto download Dell Inspiron 1012 drivers to your hard drive in order to install missing device drivers and have your hardware perform like it was new. Drivers are small files handled by a Windows operating system that are made of necessary code for the PC to use so that one may operate the hardware device that the small text file you download actually pertains to. Without accurate drivers downloaded and installed properly in the operating system the peripheral device is useless and can not be operated. You have to have the proper files actually installed on your Windows computer so that you may be able to use the device.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Inspiron 1012
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because each device is different from one another, every driver file is different, too. This is the reason why it may be hard to locate a Dell Inspiron 1012 driver for a particular device. For instance, all the different ASUS motherboard components all needs a specific device driver in order to work properly within the system. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one just for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Locating the proper Inspiron 1012 driver may be surprisingly hard to do. Take a look at the following list of driver-hunting tips as you embark on your driver searching journey into the dark world of random Internet sites and portals.
- The manufacturer of the device (if it is actually on the motherboard then the brand of the PC is what you should use)
- You then should find out the model number.
- The version of Windows. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". The important information that you need will be displayed in a window that pops up)
- You will need to figure out if you have a 64-bit operating system or a 32-bit system installed on your PC. (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
In an effort to make driver-hunting much easier it is imperative to know for sure the make and device model and the right version and type of Windows operating system that you are going to install the device driver files onto. Once you have all of your information about the hardware device, it is now possible to start finding the proper Dell Inspiron 1012 drivers for the device you are looking to attach to your computer so you can install them on your computer.
A good portion of brand name devices and hardware have downloads available online for use on computers that are attached to their product. But, not all brands sites are quick to find and navigate. Some manufacturers do not take the time to think about the customer and how much stress and torture comes with trying to manually install Dell Inspiron 1012 drivers on a computer. A lot of people have a tough time knowing what driver they are searching for and struggling to navigate a poorly constructed website can be irritating.
Watch out for when you download drivers and software from a site you do not know. Try to stick to the device manufacturer's website if you are able to. Viruses and other malware can be disguised as a lot of different unsuspected files. Trying to install a Inspiron 1012 driver is one of the worst things a person can do if it turns out to be a virus. Even the greatest anti-virus software can remove every single virus on the Internet. Because of this, it is always best to go to the device manufacturer's. The website of the device's manufacturer is going to be safer and better than other sites.
After you searched, found then downloaded the real driver for your device, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After getting it downloaded, you might have to uncompress the file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After uncompression (if needed) you should install the driver. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to install properly you could have to install the Dell Inspiron 1012 drivers manually.
The best way to install Dell Inspiron 1012 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.