- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that is attached to your PC.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. A new box will pop up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If the location of the driver is needed, show them the place where you downloaded the Dell Inspiron 1440 drivers.
- Restart the computer after you have finished installing the Dell Inspiron 1440 driver.
Dell Inspiron 1440 Drivers
Download Dell Inspiron 1440 drivers to a folder on your computer system so you are able to install a hardware device or peripheral and have it act as your hardware device should act. Drivers are basically files that are made entirely of computer code so that the CPU can interpret it in order to operate the device that the file corresponds to. Without proper drivers the device is no good and cannot be communicated with by the operating system in the computer. You have to have the correct drivers properly installed on your Windows PC so you can make use of this piece of hardware.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Inspiron 1440
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as all devices are different from one another, all drivers are different, as well. This is why it can be difficult to find a Dell Inspiron 1440 driver for a specific device. For example, each USB drive made by SanDisk has to have their very own driver installed onto the Windows computer in order to function properly. That adds up to thousands and thousands of driver files to wade through in order to find the right one simply for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding your Inspiron 1440 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may feel impossible, but you are not alone. Here are a couple of tips before you head out searching for your particular Inspiron 1440 driver.
- Brand of hardware (if it came already connected to the computer then the brand of the PC is what you should use)
- You have the brand now you need the model.
- Version of Windows that you are running. (check out your Windows start menu in the lower left side of the desktop, open it and right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- 32 or 64? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
A lot of the new versions of Windows (MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) will attempt to do most of the difficult work for the user of the system and is capable of detecting and installing the right drivers for the specific device. Sometimes a driver can not be installed automatically, so in which finding and downloading is necessary for some software or a driver because Windows could not find a suitable driver within its online database. Hence, why you are here!
It is a safe bet that most manufacturers of hardware devices have their drivers listed on their website so you can download them freely. Not all manufacturer's websites are all that easy to find and browse through. Some websites do not take into consideration to think of the type of people who will use the site and how little he or she knows about the world of computers, especially when trying to install Dell Inspiron 1440 drivers on a laptop or desktop computer. A lot of people have a tough time knowing exactly what they are looking for and trying to navigate a poorly designed website can be strenuous , to say the least.
Watch out for when you download drivers from a site you do not know. To save yourself a possible risk of infection, you should only download drivers from the device manufacturer's website to be safe. Viruses and other malware can be ruthlessly disguised as a lot of different unsuspected files. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file is a big mistake if it turns out to be a virus. The very best anti-virus software can prevent ALL viruses. Because of the possibility of a virus download, we send you directly to the device manufacturer's. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy than others.Get DellInspiron 1440 Parts
Once you found and then proceeded the driver for your hardware device, you should then install it. After you have downloaded the file you may have to uncompress it if the extension is either .zip or .7z. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the driver to your system. If, for some reason, the driver does not get installed you may need to install them manually.
The old-school way to install Dell Inspiron 1440 drivers onto your system:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.