- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the devices on your system.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. A new box will pop up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to locate the driver on your hard drive, show them the place where you downloaded the Dell Inspiron 660S drivers.
- Restart the PC.
Dell Inspiron 660S Drivers
Download Dell Inspiron 660S drivers to a folder on your computer system so you can have your peripheral device perform properly. Drivers are just simple files used by the operating system that include instructions for the CPU to use so that the system can utilize the particular piece of hardware that the file actually refers to. If you do not download and properly install the right drivers onto the operating system then there is no reason for the computer to communicate with the device. The hardware is of no use and cannot be used. You need the correct drivers correctly installed on your Windows PC so you are able to utilize the device.
Almost all devices have specific drivers that need to be installed in order for the hardware to be utilized. These devices can be a system BUS, disk drive, smart phone or tons of other devices that are able to be connected to a desktop or laptop computer system by way of directly plugging it in or by using a cable.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Inspiron 660S
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as each device is different, all drivers are different, as well. This is why it can be difficult to find a Dell Inspiron 660S driver for a specific device. For example, every single Adata memory stick must have its very own set of drivers. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many drivers available simply for that particular brand of hardware!
Finding your Inspiron 660S driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer may be surprisingly hard to do. Browse the following helpful tips in order to ease your search.
- The name of the company that made the device (if it is built-in to the motherboard then find out the brand of computer and use that)
- Now you should locate the model number in order to download the specific driver that is needed.
- Your operating system on your computer. (check out your Windows start menu in the lower left side of the desktop, open it and right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- You will need to figure out if you have a 64-bit operating system or a 32-bit system installed on your PC. (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". )
To save yourself a lot of time and headaches you must be sure to know the brand as well as model number of the device and the right version and type of Windows operating system for which the hardware device is attached. After you have gathered the information about the hardware, you may begin to search for drivers and download them onto your Windows operating system.
The majority of manufacturers have their drivers listed on their website for use on computers that are attached to their product. Most brands sites are quite easy to find and search for. A few companies do not take time to take the average user into consideration and how little he or she knows about the world of computers, especially when installing Dell Inspiron 660S drivers manually. Most people find it tough in knowing exactly what they are looking for and trying to find their way through a poorly constructed website can be very irksome , to say the least.
Be extremely careful when downloading Inspiron 660S drivers and files from suspicious looking sites. It would be best to stick with the device manufacturer's website. Viruses and other malware can be disguised as a lot of different unsuspected files. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file is a huge mistake if you ended up installing a virus. There is no antivirus program that can prevent ALL viruses. This is why this site sends you to the device manufacturer's. The website of the device's manufacturer is going to be safer for you and your computer than other random websites offering similar files.
After you located then downloaded the driver file for the hardware you are looking to install, you are now able to actually install the driver in your system. After having it downloaded to your hard drive, the file may need to be uncompressed if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once uncompressed you should run the program to install the driver. If you are unable to run the program you may need to install them manually.
Manual install directions for Dell Inspiron 660S drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.