- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices that are installed onto Windows.
- Find anything with a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. A new window should open up.
- Look for a "Driver" tab and click on it.
- Go ahead and click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the download location for your Dell Latitude E6400 driver.
- Restart the computer after you have finished installing the Dell Latitude E6400 driver.
Dell Latitude E6400 Drivers
Update and download Dell Latitude E6400 drivers to your downloads folder on your computer so you may update older or missing device drivers and make your device perform at its peak. Drivers are basically files that include all necessary instructions for the processor to interpret and use in order to use the device that the small text file you download actually pertains to. If you do not have the correct drivers installed onto the operating system then the device is unworkable and will never work right. You will have to have the right drivers correctly installed on your operating system of your computer so that the motherboard can effectively communicate with the device and you are able to use it.
Any device attached to the computer system need to have drivers downloaded to the computer and then installed onto the operating system in order for the devices to be used. These devices can be a printer, hard drive, phone or other external or internal devices that you can connect to your PC by way of using a USB cable or some other cabling.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Latitude E6400
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because of the fact that every single piece of hardware is different, all driver files must be different, too. This is why it may be challenging to find and download the proper driver for the particular device. For instance, each and every single Sony camera needs a specific driver. That adds up to thousands and thousands of driver files to wade through in order to find the right one just for a specific brand of devices.
Downloading the specific Latitude E6400 driver that you need may be surprisingly hard to do. Browse these tips as you embark on your driver searching journey into the dark world of random Internet sites and portals.
- Hardware manufacturer (if it is actually on the motherboard then use the computer brand)
- Now you need the model number.
- The version of Windows. (in all versions of Windows operating systems, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". OS info should now be visible)
- 32 or 64? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
Many brand manufacturers list their driver database and make it available for people so you can download them freely. But, not all brands sites are quick to locate and navigate. Some manufacturers do not take the time to contemplate the type of person who would be using their website and how much suffering can go into trying to manually install Dell Latitude E6400 drivers on a computer. Most people have a tough time figuring out what driver they are searching for and struggling to navigate a poorly constructed website can be extremely annoying.
Be wary of downloading Latitude E6400 drivers and software from unknown websites. It would be best to stick with the device manufacturer's website if you are able to. Spyware and viruses can be attached to thousands of different types of files. Installing a Latitude E6400 driver can be catastrophic if the downloaded file turns out to be a virus. Even the greatest anti-virus software can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why it is best to go directly to the device maker's website. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy and more reliable than anyone else's.
Once you found and then proceeded the proper driver from the Internet for the device you are wanting to use, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After obtaining it from the web you may need to uncompress the driver file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you do that you should install the driver. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to install properly it could be that you might have to install the Dell Latitude E6400 driver another way.
Here is how to install Dell Latitude E6400 drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.