- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. A new box will pop up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If the location of the driver is needed, tell the computer that the Dell Latitude L400 driver is located in your downloads folder.
- Restart the computer after you have finished installing the Dell Latitude L400 driver.
Dell Latitude L400 Drivers
Instructions on how to download Dell Latitude L400 drivers to your PC system so that all of your hardware will perform like it was new. Drivers are small files handled by a Windows operating system that contain necessary instructions for the PC to process so that the computer can use the device that the file corresponds to. Without precise drivers the device is no good and will not communicate with the operating system. You have to have the proper files properly installed on your Windows operating system so you can make use of this piece of hardware.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Latitude L400
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as all devices are different from one another, every driver must be different, as well. This is the biggest reason why it is a mammoth task to locate your Dell Latitude L400 drivers. For example, each and every nVidia video card needs a specific driver. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one only for that particular brand of hardware!
Finding your Latitude L400 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Here is a list of helpful hints to help make your device driver-hunting experience a little less scary and much more productive.
- Brand of hardware (if it is built into the PC then you need to find out the brand of the computer)
- Now you should locate the model number in order to download the specific driver that is needed.
- Version of Windows that you are running. (for Windows type computers right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- 32 or 64? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
Be sure you know the manufacturer and model as well as the Windows OS version . Once you have all of your information about the device, it is now possible to start finding the proper Dell Latitude L400 drivers for the device you are looking to attach to your computer and install them onto your desktop or laptop computer.
Most newer versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) are capable of doing most of the work for you and will install driver automatically. An occasion or two might come up in that you need to locate a Latitude L400 driver for its hardware that could not be installed automatically. Which is the most likely reason why you searched the Internet to come here!
A good many companies have their drivers listed on their website so you can download them freely. Quite a few, but not all manufacturer's websites are quite easy to find and browse through. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to think of the type of people who will use the site and the difficulty involved in trying to install Dell Latitude L400 drivers on a laptop or desktop computer. Most consumers have a hard time knowing exactly what they are looking for and struggling to navigate a poorly designed website can be very irksome , to say the least.
Be careful downloading Latitude L400 drivers from non-brand sites. Try to stay only with the manufacturer's website. Malware can make their way into drivers and other common files. Attempting to install a Latitude L400 driver on your computer system can be a big mistake if you unintentionally installed a virus onto your system. The very best anti-virus software can not stop ALL viruses. It is because of this that we send you to the manufacturer's own database on their website. The manufacturer's sites are more trusted and much more reliable when downloading driver than other websites.DellLatitude L400 Replacement
After you located and then proceeded the right driver file from the web for the hardware you are looking to install, you should be able to then install the driver. After having it downloaded to your hard drive, the file may need to be uncompressed if the file extension is either .zip or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the driver file onto Windows. If, for some reason, the driver does not get installed you may need to install them manually.
The best way to install Dell Latitude L400 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.