- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are connected to your computer system.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. Another box should pop up.
- Look for a "Driver" tab and click on it.
- Left-click on "Update Driver" and follow the prompts as needed.
- If asked to locate the driver on your hard drive, tell the computer that the Dell Latitude Xt driver is located in your downloads folder.
- After you have finished, a reboot is most likely next.
Dell Latitude Xt Drivers
Howto download Dell Latitude Xt drivers right to your computer so that you can make your device act proper. A driver is just a small file that the operating system uses and that make up instructions for the CPU to interpret and put into action in order to use the device that the driver file pertains to. Without accurate drivers downloaded and installed properly in the operating system the hardware is no good and can not be operated. You need the correct drivers properly installed on your Windows computer so that the CPU can communicate with the hardware.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Latitude Xt
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every single device, even from the same company, is different from each other, different driver files must be installed, as well. This is the reason why it may be hard to come across the correct driver. For example, all the different Sony Xperia phones has to have distinct drivers installed in the PC. That adds up to thousands and thousands of drivers available only for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding the exact Latitude Xt driver can be an excruciating experience, at best. Read the following list of items you should know before you embark on your journey to the other side.
- Brand of device (if it is actually on the motherboard then the brand of the PC is what you should use)
- You have the brand now you need the model.
- Your operating system on your computer. (click on Windows "Start" menu, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-click on "Properties". Everything you need to know will be in the box that pops up)
- You need to know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-clicking on "Properties". )
To save yourself a lot of time and headaches you must be sure to know the manufacturer and model number of the device and OS version that will contain the drivers. Once you have accurate info about the hardware, you should look online for your specific Dell Latitude Xt drivers so you can install them on your PC.
The majority of manufacturers offer free downloads of their drivers for use on their customer computers. Not all hardware brand websites are easy to locate and search for. Some manufacturers do not take the time to contemplate the normal user and the high blood pressure that arises stemming from installing Dell Latitude Xt drivers manually. A lot of people have a tough time knowing what they are looking for, and struggling to find their way through a poorly constructed website can be strenuous , to say the least.
Be careful downloading Latitude Xt drivers and software from non-brand sites. In order to lower your risk for malware, it would be best to only download drivers from the hardware maker's website if you are able to. Malware can be contained within driver files. Getting and then installing a file that you think is a Latitude Xt driver can have dire consequences if you unintentionally installed a virus onto your system. No anti-virus software can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why it is best to go directly to the manufacturer's own database on their website. Their websites are more trusted than other third party websites.Get DellLatitude Xt Parts
Once you found and then download the driver file for your hardware or peripheral device, you should be able to then install the driver. After you have downloaded the file you may have to uncompress it if the file extension is either .zip or .rar. Once uncompressed you should install the driver. If you are unable to run the program you may have to install the Dell Latitude Xt driver manually.
Manual install directions for Dell Latitude Xt drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.