- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see every device that is attached to your PC.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. Another box will open up.
- Left-click on "Driver" tab.
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you are told to provide a location of the driver on your system, show them the download location for your Dell Precision 490 driver.
- After you have finished, a reboot is most likely next.
Dell Precision 490 Drivers
Instructions on how to download Dell Precision 490 drivers to a folder on your Windows computer so that all of your hardware and peripheral devices will act as your hardware device should act. Drivers are files that make up instructions for the PC to use so that you can operate the actual device that the small driver file actually pertains to. Without the right driver files the piece of hardware is absolutely of no use whatsoever and will never work right. You would need to have the right files actually installed on your operating system in order to utilize this certain piece of hardware.
Every device connected to your computer should have driver files that have to be installed onto the operating system in order for them to work. These particular devices can be a system BUS, hard disk drive, memory card or any other device that can be connected to a computer system in some sort of way.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Precision 490
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every device is different, all driver files must be different, too. This is the main reason as to why it may seem be next to impossible to locate a Dell Precision 490 driver for a particular device. For instance, each BioStar motherboard component has to have distinct drivers installed in the PC. That adds up to thousands and thousands of drivers available to download just for a particular manufacturer of hardware devices.
Finding and downloading the proper driver can be a chore sometimes. Take a look at the following list of driver-hunting tips in order to make finding Precision 490 drivers much easier and safer!
- The brand of the device (if it is embedded into the motherboard then just use the brand of the PC)
- You have the brand now you need the model.
- The type of Windows operating system that is installed on your computer system. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- You need to know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
You need to figure out the correct make and model number and OS version that will contain the drivers. After you have the correct information about the piece of hardware that you want to install, you may begin to search for drivers so that you can download and then install them correctly onto your Windows operating system.
A nice benefit to having one of the later versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems is that (7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10) will attempt to do most of the difficult work for the user of the system and will determine the correct drivers and install them onto the system for you. There may be an occasion or two in which you need to find on the Internet the Precision 490 driver for a device that Windows was not able to install on its own. And that is why you have arrived at this page!
Most notable companies list drivers of their hardware products online for use on their customer computers. Some, but not all manufacturer websites are really that easy to find and they may not all be constructed for easy navigation. It seems as if though some brand's websites architects are simply unable or unwilling to think of Joe Consumer and how much stress and torture comes with installing Dell Precision 490 drivers into Windows operating systems. Most customers have a difficult time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and struggling to navigate through a poorly designed site can be strenuous.
Be very careful about downloading Precision 490 drivers and files from non-brand sites. Try to stay only with the device manufacturer's website if you can. Malware can make their way into just about any type of file found on the Internet. Getting and then installing a file that you think is a Precision 490 driver can be catastrophic if you unintentionally installed a virus onto your system. Even the best anti-virus can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why you should always download drivers from the manufacturer's own database on their website. The manufacturer's sites are more trusted than anyone else's.Get DellPrecision 490 Parts
After you located and then download the actual driver from online for the device attached to your computer system, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After you have downloaded the file you may have to uncompress it especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you do that you should now be able to run the program and install the device driver. If the driver fails to install you must install the Dell Precision 490 driver manually.
How to install a Dell Precision 490 driver manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.