- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Find anything with a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. Another box will open up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you need to find the driver on your PC, show them the download location for your Dell Studio 1558 driver.
- Once finished, reboot the computer.
Dell Studio 1558 Drivers
How to guide about downloading Dell Studio 1558 drivers to a folder on your Windows computer so that you may install an external hardware device, make it work and act as your hardware device should act. Drivers are just simple files used by the operating system that include all necessary instructions so that the CPU is able to know what to do so that you can operate the actual device that the file corresponds to. Without accurate drivers downloaded and installed properly in the operating system the device is inoperable and will not operate properly. You will have to have the correct correctly installed on your computer in order to utilize the device.
Any hardware device attached to your PC has to have the right drivers installed in Windows in order for them to be used. These devices can be a mouse, floppy drive, cell phone or anything else that can be connected to the pc by way of physically plugging it in.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Studio 1558
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because even though each device from the same company is different from one another, all driver files must be different, too. Because of this it could be difficult to locate a Dell Studio 1558 driver for a particular device. For instance, each USB drive made by SanDisk has to have their very own driver installed onto the Windows computer in order to function properly. That adds up to thousands and thousands of drivers just for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding and downloading the proper driver can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Here is what you should know to help make your device driver-hunting experience a little less scary and much more productive.
- The brand (if it is built into the PC then the brand of the PC is what you should use)
- Now you need the model number.
- The operating system. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- Is your OS 64 or 32 bit? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
In order to find the correct driver you really, really need to know the manufacturer and model as well as the operating system that the device is attached to. Once the info has been obtained and written down about the specific device you are trying to connect to your computer it is now possible to start finding the proper Dell Studio 1558 drivers for the device you are looking to attach to your computer so you can install them on your computer.
Plenty of hardware manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online for use by the public. Quite a few, but not all manufacturer's websites are really that easy to find and to use. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to think of the usual customers who need to use the site and how much stress and torture comes with installing drivers. A lot of people have a tough time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and struggling to navigate a poorly designed website can be extremely annoying.
After you searched, found and then obtained the driver from the Internet for the device attached to your computer system, you should be able to then install the driver. After obtaining it from the web you may need to uncompress the driver file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. Once the file is uncompressed you can install the driver file onto Windows. If it does not work you must install the Dell Studio 1558 driver manually.
Manual install directions for Dell Studio 1558 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.