- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that is attached to your PC.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. Another box will open up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you are told to provide a location of the driver on your system, show them the download location for your Dell Xps 15 L501X driver.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Dell Xps 15 L501X Drivers
Howto download Dell Xps 15 L501X drivers to a folder on your Windows computer so you can make your hardware or device act accordingly. A driver is just a small file that the operating system uses and that include computer code for the CPU to compute so that the computer can use the device that the small driver file actually pertains to. Without precise drivers the device is useless and will not operate properly. You have to have the proper files actually installed on your Windows computer so that the operating system may communicate properly with the particular hardware device.
Pretty much all devices need correct drivers installed on the PC in order for them to be used. These hardware devices can be a keyboard, hard disk drive, camera or hundreds of other devices that are able to be connected to your system.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Xps 15 L501X
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every device is different, all driver files must be different, too. This is the reason why it may be hard to locate a Dell Xps 15 L501X driver for a particular device. For instance, each cell phone by Apple must have a particular driver downloaded and installed onto the Windows operating system in order to function correctly. That comes out to so very many drivers available to download just for that particular brand of hardware!
Being able to locate the proper Xps 15 L501X driver can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Browse these tips in order to make finding Xps 15 L501X drivers much easier and safer!
- The device maker (if it is built into the PC then you need to find out the brand of the computer)
- Next you will want to know the model of the device in question in order to download the correct driver.
- The type of Windows operating system that is installed on your computer system. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
Be sure you know the manufacturer and model as well as the type of Windows OS that will contain the drivers. After you have gathered the information about the device, it is now possible to start finding the proper Dell Xps 15 L501X drivers for the device you are looking to attach to your computer so you can install them onto your desktop or laptop computer.
Most newer versions of Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) can easily find and download drivers for you and is capable of installing the proper drivers onto the system for the user whenever it detects any new hardware or device attached to the computer. You may see an instance in which searching is needed for the Xps 15 L501X driver file because Windows was not able to fully install it for one reason or another. Which is the most likely reason why you searched the Internet to come here!
All reputable device manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online for use on consumer computers. Some, but not all manufacturer websites are optimized to show up in search results and they may not all be constructed for easy navigation. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to contemplate the average computer user and how much stress and torture comes with installing Dell Xps 15 L501X drivers into Windows operating systems. Most consumers have a hard time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and struggling to navigate through a poorly designed site can be extremely maddening.
Once you found and downloaded the elusive driver file from online for the device attached to your computer system, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. You might need to uncompress the driver especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the driver file onto Windows. If the driver fails to install you must install the Dell Xps 15 L501X driver manually.
The old-school way to install Dell Xps 15 L501X drivers onto your system:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.