- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see a list of all the hardware devices that is attached to your PC.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. Another box will open up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you need to find the driver on your PC, point the system to the Dell Xps M140 driver you have already downloaded.
- After you have finished, a reboot is most likely next.
Dell Xps M140 Drivers
Install and download Dell Xps M140 drivers from the web from here so you can install your device and make it operate properly. Drivers are all just files that contain coded instructions for the CPU to make sense of it in order to operate the device that the text file is associated with. Sans proper driver files installed the hardware is of no use and cannot be used. You should have drivers downloaded and correctly installed on your Windows desktop or laptop computer in order to utilize this certain piece of hardware.
All hardware and peripheral devices have a specific driver file associated with it and it needs to be installed in Windows in order for them to be used. These devices can be a mouse, floppy drive, cell phone or other external or internal devices that you can connect to your PC in some sort of way.
- BRAND: Dell
- MODEL: Xps M140
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because even though each device from the same company is different from one another, each small driver file must be different from one another, too. Because of this that is may seem to be a monumental achievement to search and locate the right Dell Xps M140 drivers. For instance, each and every nVidia video card needs its own specific driver to work right. That comes out to many, many drivers simply for that particular brand of hardware!
Finding and downloading the proper driver can be a difficult and dangerous journey. Just remember that you are not alone is this. Here is a list of some helpful tips before you head out searching for your particular Xps M140 driver.
- The brand of the device (if it came already connected to the computer then locate the brand of PC and use that)
- The model of the device you are searching for.
- The operating system. (in your Windows Start Menu, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- You need to know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
When searching for drivers, one must be sure of the brand as well as model number of the device as well as the Windows OS version that you will be installing the driver onto. Once you have accurate info you may begin to search for drivers so you can install them onto your desktop or laptop computer.
A few of the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and 10) can easily find and download drivers for you and is capable of installing the proper drivers onto the system for the user whenever it detects any new hardware or device attached to the computer. There may be times in which you will need to hunt down the Xps M140 driver for a particular hardware device that was not installed automatically by the operating system. This is probably why you arrived at this page in the first place!
The majority of manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online for use on their customer computers. Not all manufacturer's websites are really that easy to find and to use. Some websites do not take into consideration to think of Joe Consumer and the possible heart attack that may be associated with installing drivers. Most people find it hard in figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and trying to navigate a poorly designed website can be maddening.
Be mindful if you are downloading Xps M140 drivers and files from non-manufacturer websites. Try to stay only with the hardware maker's website if it is possible. Malware can be disguised as driver files. Getting and then installing a file that you think is a Xps M140 driver is a mistake if the driver file ends up being a virus. Even the best anti-virus can remove every single virus on the Internet. Because of this, it is always best to go to the maker's website. The website of the device's manufacturer is going to be safer and therefore, better to download your drivers from.
After you searched, found and then download the driver file for the device attached to your computer system, you should then install it. You may have to uncompress the file especially if it ends with a .zip or .rar. After you do that you can install the driver to your system. If it does not work you must install the Dell Xps M140 driver manually.
Manual install directions for Dell Xps M140 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.