- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices that are installed onto Windows.
- Double-click on any yellow exclamation points that you see. Another box will open up.
- Left-click on "Driver" tab.
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the download location for your Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 driver.
- After you have finished, a reboot is most likely next.
Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 Drivers
A nice safe place to download Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 drivers to a folder on your Windows computer in order to update or install missing drivers and have your device operate properly. A driver is just a small file that the operating system uses and that are made of necessary code so that the PC can interpret it and understand it so that one may operate the hardware device that the small text file you download actually pertains to. Without correct drivers downloaded and installed onto the system the hardware is no good and will never work right. You will have to have the correct actually installed on your hard drive in order to utilize this certain piece of hardware.
- BRAND: Hp
- MODEL: Envy Touchsmart 17-J100
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
It is because each device is different from one another, all driver files must be different, too. It is because of this that it may be difficult to locate a Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 driver for a particular device. For instance, each and every single Sony camera has to have distinct drivers installed in the PC. So if you do the math you will see that there are so very many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one just for that particular brand of hardware!
Finding and downloading the proper driver can be a chore sometimes. Here is what you need to know as you embark on your driver searching journey into the dark world of random Internet sites and portals.
- The brand of the device (if it is embedded into the motherboard figure out the brand of the computer itself and use that brand name)
- You then should find out the model number.
- The version of Windows. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- You need to know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
In order to find the correct driver you really, really need to know the correct brand and model as well as the Windows OS version of the computer. Once the info has been obtained and written down about the specific device you are trying to connect to your computer you should now start your search for Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 drivers so you can download and install them onto Windows.
Plenty of hardware manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online for use on their customer computers. But, not all brands sites are really that easy to find and navigate. It seems as if though some brand's websites architects are simply unable or unwilling to think of Joe Consumer and how much stress and torture comes with trying to manually install Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 drivers on a computer. A lot of regular computer users find it very difficult figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and struggling to navigate a poorly constructed website can be irritating.
Be extremely careful when downloading Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 drivers and other files from unknown websites. To save yourself a possible risk of infection, you should only download drivers from the device manufacturer's website if it is possible. Spyware and viruses can be attached to thousands of different types of files. Installing a Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 driver is a big mistake if the downloaded file turns out to be a virus. There is no antivirus program that can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why it is best to go directly to the device maker's website. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy to download from than other's.
Once you have located and then download the driver from the Internet for the device attached to your computer system, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After getting it downloaded, you might have to uncompress the file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you do that you should now be able to run the program and install the device driver. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to install properly you must install the Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 driver manually.
Manual install directions for Hp Envy Touchsmart 17-J100 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.