- Go ahead and Right-click on "Computer". Then Left-click on "Manage".
- When the window opens up then left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices that are connected to your computer system.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. Another box should pop up.
- Find and click on the tab called "Driver".
- Click on the button labeled "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, show them the place where you downloaded the Lenovo Ideapad Y471A drivers.
- Once finished, reboot the computer.
Lenovo Ideapad Y471A Drivers
Instructions on how to download Lenovo Ideapad Y471A drivers to a folder on your PC so you can make your hardware perform at its peak. A driver is just a tiny file that contain coded instructions for the processor to interpret and use so that you may use the hardware that the driver file corresponds to. Without the right drivers downloaded and installed on the operating system the hardware is meaningless and will never work right. You need the correct drivers properly installed on your Windows operating system so that you are able to operate the device.
Almost all devices have specific drivers that need to be installed in order for the hardware to be utilized. These hardware devices can be a printer, disk drive, camera or any other device that can be connected to a computer system.
- BRAND: Lenovo
- MODEL: Ideapad Y471A
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as each device is specifically different from one another, each individual driver must be different, as well. This is the biggest reason why it is a mammoth task to come across the correct driver. For example, each cell phone by Apple needs its own individual driver in order to work. That comes out to many, many drivers simply for a specific brand of devices.
Finding the right driver may feel impossible, but you are not alone. Read the following list of items you should know as you descend into the realm of driver downloads.
- Who made it? (if it came already connected to the computer then you just need to know the brand of the PC)
- The model of the device you are searching for.
- You operating system type. (in Windows, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then be sure to left-click on "Properties". Your operating system version and type should be visible via the box that opened up on your desktop)
- Is your OS 64 or 32 bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
It is very important to figure out the brand, model and type of device as well as the operating system . Once you have accurate info about the model and maker of the device in question you are able to now begin locating Lenovo Ideapad Y471A drivers for the device you need and get them downloaded and installed on your hard drive.
Some of the latest types of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and 10) nicely does most of the work for the user and is capable of installing the proper drivers onto the system for the user whenever it detects any new hardware or device attached to the computer. There may be an occasion or two in which you will need to hunt down some software or a driver because Windows was not able to install it by itself. Hence, why you are here!
The majority of manufacturers have a listing of driver downloads available to the public for use by the public. Most, but not all branded sites are clearly marked or really easy to find and use at all. Some websites do not take into consideration to think about the average consumer and how hard it can be attempting to install Lenovo Ideapad Y471A drivers on a PC. Some customers have a difficult time figuring out what they are looking for and trying to navigate through a poorly designed site can be maddening , to say the least.
Be careful downloading Ideapad Y471A drivers and other files from non-brand sites. In order to lower your risk for malware, it would be best to only download drivers from the hardware maker's website if you can. Malware can be downloaded through a lot of different unsuspected files. Getting and then installing a file that you think is a Ideapad Y471A driver can be disastrous if you unintentionally installed a virus onto your system. There is no antivirus program that can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why you should always download drivers from the manufacturer's own database on their website. The device maker's website is more trustworthy to download from than other's.
Once you found and then obtained the driver file for the hardware you are looking to install, you should install it. You may have to uncompress the file if the extension is either .zip or .7z. Once the file is uncompressed you can install the driver to your system. Unfortunately, in some instances it may be that you will need to install your Lenovo Ideapad Y471A driver by hand.
Manual install directions for Lenovo Ideapad Y471A drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.