- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see every device on your system.
- Find anything with a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. A new window should open up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Go ahead and click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to locate the driver on your hard drive, show them the download location for your Lenovo Ideapad Y480 driver.
- After completion, rebooting the PC may be necessary for any changes to take effect.
Lenovo Ideapad Y480 Drivers
Directions in order to download Lenovo Ideapad Y480 drivers to your downloads folder on your computer so you can make your hardware or device perform at its peak. A driver is a text file that is used by Windows that includes important instructions for the CPU to make sense of it so that the computer can use the device that the small text file you download actually pertains to. Without the right driver files there is no way for the system to make use of the hardware device. The hardware is useless and will never be of any use. You need the correct files correctly installed on your hard drive in order to use the device.
Any device attached to the computer system need correct drivers installed on the PC in order for them to work. These devices can be a printer, disk drive, phone or anything that can be connected to a computer in one way or another.
- BRAND: Lenovo
- MODEL: Ideapad Y480
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as that all hardware devices are different from one another, all driver files must be different, too. It is because of this that it may be difficult to find and download the proper driver for the particular device. For instance, every cell phone made by Samsung has a particular driver made just for it. That adds up to a great many driver files just for a particular manufacturer of hardware devices.
Downloading the specific Ideapad Y480 driver that you need can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Take a look at the following list of driver-hunting tips in order to find Ideapad Y480 drivers.
- The name of the manufacturer (if it is built into the PC then just use the brand of the PC)
- Model of the device.
- The exact type of Windows that is on your computer. (in all versions of Windows operating systems, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". OS info should now be visible)
- Are you running a 64-bit operating system or just a 32-bit version of Windows? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". If 64-bit is not stated then assume 32-bit.)
If you do not want to be searching for hours for a driver, then you MUST know the device brand and model number as well as the Windows OS version that you are going to install the device driver files onto. After you have gathered the information about the model and maker of the device in question you should look online for your specific Lenovo Ideapad Y480 drivers and download them to your computer and then install them on your PC.
Recent versions of MS Windows (MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) will do most of work for you and will try to install all necessary device driver file on its own. Windows is not flawless, therefore there might be an instance in that one would have to actually hunt for a Ideapad Y480 driver for some device that was not able to be installed automatically. Which is the likely reason why you came here!
Pretty much all device manufacturers list their driver database and make it available for people so you are able to download them at will. A lot, but not all brand websites are quick to locate and navigate with any sense of direction. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to think about a normal computer user and how much suffering can go into attempting to manually install Lenovo Ideapad Y480 device drivers on a Windows operating system. Most customers have a difficult time figuring out what driver they are searching for and struggling to navigate through the gauntlet of poorly coded websites can be stressful.
Be careful downloading Ideapad Y480 drivers and files from a site you do not know. It would be best to stick with the device manufacturer's website if all possible. Viruses and other malware can be ruthlessly disguised as many different kind of files. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file can be the biggest mistake of your life if it turns out to be a virus. There is no antivirus program that can prevent ALL viruses. Because of the possibility of a virus download, we send you directly to the device manufacturer's. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy for you and your computer than other random websites offering similar files.
After you located and received the actual driver for the device you are wanting to use, you should be able to then install the driver. After downloading you may need to uncompress the driver file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the driver file onto Windows. In some instances when the device driver fails to install it could be that you might have to install the Lenovo Ideapad Y480 driver another way.
How to install a Lenovo Ideapad Y480 driver manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.