- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- Once the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices on your system.
- Find anything with a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. A new box will pop up.
- Click on the "Driver" tab near the top of the box.
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, point it to the Lenovo Ideapad Y500 driver files you just downloaded.
- Restart the computer after you have finished installing the Lenovo Ideapad Y500 driver.
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Drivers
Here is the best place to download Lenovo Ideapad Y500 drivers in order to install missing device drivers and have your hardware perform like it was new. Hardware drivers are just files that are comprised of code for the processor to process in order to actually operate the device that the tiny driver file relates to. Without drivers installed the hardware is meaningless and will not operate properly. You will have to have the right drivers properly installed on your operating system so you can make use of this piece of hardware.
- BRAND: Lenovo
- MODEL: Ideapad Y500
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every single device, even from the same company, is different from each other, all driver files must also be different, as well. This is the main reason as to why it may seem be next to impossible to search and locate the right Lenovo Ideapad Y500 drivers. For example, all the many different Motorola cell phone models must have a particular driver downloaded and installed onto the Windows operating system in order to function correctly. That adds up to a great many drivers just for a specific brand of devices.
Finding your Ideapad Y500 driver that you need in order to make your device work with your computer is a tedious task at best. Here are a couple of tips before you leave on your driver-hunting experience.
- Brand of hardware (if it is a built-in device connected to the computer then use the computer brand)
- Model of the device.
- You operating system type. (on your Windows desktop, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". All relevant info will be displayed)
- 32 or 64? (if your operating system is 64-bit it will be stated in the box that pops up from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
A few versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems (MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) are capable of doing most of the work for you and can install the drivers itself. There may be an occasion or two in which finding and downloading is necessary for a driver for a Ideapad Y500 that the OS was not able to install on its own. Which is the most likely reason why you searched the Internet to come here!
Many brand manufacturers have their drivers listed on their website so you can download them freely. Not every brand's sites are quite easy to find and use at all. Some brand's websites do not like to think of the type of people who will use the site and the stress involved in attempting to install Lenovo Ideapad Y500 drivers on a PC. Most people have a tough time knowing exactly what they are looking for and attempting to navigate through a poorly designed site can be stressful , to say the least.
Once you found and then proceeded the proper driver from the Internet for the hardware you are looking to install, you can begin to install the file. After downloading you may need to uncompress the driver file if it ends with a .zip or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you are able to install the driver. Unfortunately, in some instances you may need to install them manually.
Here is how to install Lenovo Ideapad Y500 drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.