- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the hardware devices that are connected to your computer system.
- Find anything with a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. A new window should open up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Go ahead and click on "Update Driver".
- If asked to browse for the location of the driver, point the system to the Lenovo M490S driver you have already downloaded.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Lenovo M490S Drivers
Feel free to download Lenovo M490S drivers to your hard drive on your desktop or laptop so that you may install an external hardware device, make it work and operate more efficiently. Hardware drivers are little files that are comprised of instructions so that the computer can understand it so that the PC can operate the hardware device that the driver file corresponds to. If you do not have the proper drivers the piece of hardware is of no use and will not operate. You will have to have the right drivers correctly installed on your Windows computer so that the motherboard can effectively communicate with the device and you are able to use it.
Almost all devices connected to your computer need drivers installed on the computer in order for the hardware to be utilized. These hardware devices can be a system BUS, hard drive, USB drive or anything else that can be connected to the pc by way of plugging in a cable or simply directly plugging it in to the motherboard.
- BRAND: Lenovo
- MODEL: M490S
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because of the fact that every single piece of hardware is different, there are many different drivers available too. This is the reason why it may be hard to find a Lenovo M490S driver for a specific device. For instance, each printer made by Lexmark has to have drivers installed. That adds up to a great many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one simply for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Downloading the specific M490S driver that you need can feel like the ultimate challenge in life. Here is what you should know so that you may locate a driver easier.
- The device maker (if it is built-in to the motherboard determine the brand of the PC and use that)
- Model of the device.
- The version of Windows. (for all Windows PCs, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". OS info should now be visible)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". If it doesn't state that it's 32-bit or 64-bit then you can assume it's 32-bit.)
Some of the recent versions of Microsoft Windows (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10) are capable of doing most of the work for you and will determine the correct drivers and install them onto the system for you. There may be an occasion or two in that a computer user may need to get on the Internet and find a driver due to the fact that Microsoft Windows was unable to automatically install it.
Many brand manufacturers list their driver database and make it available for people for use on consumer computers. Many but not all of the brand's sites are quick to locate and navigate. A few companies do not take time to contemplate the average computer user and how difficult it is trying to manually install Lenovo M490S drivers on a computer. Most normal PC users have a very hard time figuring out what driver they are searching for and trying to navigate a poorly constructed website can be stressful.
Watch out for when you download drivers and files from a site you do not know. To save yourself a possible risk of infection, you should only download drivers from the hardware maker's website. Spyware and viruses can be downloaded through many different kind of files. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file is a big mistake if the file ends up to be a virus that you downloaded from the Internet. Even the best anti-virus can not stop ALL viruses. It is because of this that we send you to the device maker's website. The device maker's website is more trustworthy than anyone else's.
After you searched, found and downloaded the proper driver from the Internet for the device you are wanting to use, you can begin to install the file. After downloading you may need to uncompress the driver file especially if it ends with a .zip or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you should run the program to install the driver. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to install properly it could be that you might have to install the Lenovo M490S driver another way.
Here is how to install Lenovo M490S drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.