- Go ahead and Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window opens up, left-click on "Device Manager". You should now be able to see all the devices that are connected to your computer system.
- Find a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. A new window should open up.
- Left-click on the tab labeled "Driver".
- Go ahead and click on "Update Driver".
- If you are told to provide a location of the driver on your system, point the system to the Lenovo Thinkpad W500 driver you have already downloaded.
- Once complete, a Reboot might be necessary.
Lenovo Thinkpad W500 Drivers
Howto download Lenovo Thinkpad W500 drivers to your hard drive on your desktop or laptop so you can have your peripheral device improve its performance. Drivers are just simple files used by the operating system that contain some instructions from the manufacturer for the PC to use in order to make use of the hardware that the small driver file corresponds to. Without legitimate drivers the device is useless and will never be of any use. You will have to have the correct correctly installed on your Windows computer so that the motherboard can effectively communicate with the device and you are able to use it.
Any device attached to the computer system have drivers that need to be installed in order for them to work. These hardware devices can be a graphics card, disk drive, cell phone or thousands of other hardware devices that are able to be connected to a computer in one way or another.
- BRAND: Lenovo
- MODEL: Thinkpad W500
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because there are differences within each device, there are many different drivers available too. This is the reason why it may be hard to find a Lenovo Thinkpad W500 driver for a specific device. For instance, each BioStar motherboard component has to have drivers installed. You can see why it can be quite difficult to find drivers available to download simply for that particular brand of hardware!
Locating the proper Thinkpad W500 driver can be a difficult and dangerous journey. Just remember that you are not alone is this. Read the following list of items you should know as you descend into the realm of driver downloads.
- The device maker (if it is physically connected to the PC figure out the brand of the computer itself and use that brand name)
- Now you need to find out the model or model number.
- The type of Windows operating system that is installed on your computer system. (for all Windows PCs, right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". OS info should now be visible)
- Is your operating system 32-bit or 64-bit? (if it is a 64-bit system then it will show up in the Window that opens when you right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and left-click on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
To save yourself a lot of time and headaches you must be sure to know the manufacturer and model number of the device as well as the Windows OS version that will contain the drivers. After you have gathered the information about the hardware, you should look online for your specific Lenovo Thinkpad W500 drivers and download them in your Windows OS computer.
Recent versions of MS Windows (MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10) will do most of work for you and will try to install all necessary device driver file on its own. You might find yourself in a predicament in that one would have to actually hunt for the Thinkpad W500 driver for a particular hardware device that Windows failed to install automatically. Which is the likely reason why you came here!
Plenty of hardware manufacturers list their driver database and make it available for people for use on consumer computers. Most, but not all branded sites are in the correct language and they may not all be constructed for easy navigation. Some manufacturers website architects refuse to contemplate the average computer user and how difficult it is installing Lenovo Thinkpad W500 drivers into Windows operating systems. A lot of regular computer users find it very difficult figuring out what driver they are searching for and trying to navigate through a poorly designed site can be torture.
Take a moment to think before you download Thinkpad W500 drivers and driver files from non-manufacturer websites. In order to lower your risk for malware, it would be best to only download drivers from the device maker's site to be on the safe side. Malware can be disguised as a lot of different unsuspected files. Getting and then installing a file that you think is a Thinkpad W500 driver is a big mistake if the driver file ends up being a virus. No anti-virus software can remove every single virus on the Internet. This is the main reason why we send you directly to the maker's website. The website of the device's manufacturer is going to be safer and less likely to get a virus than anywhere else.
Once you found and downloaded the driver from the Internet for the hardware you are looking to install, you should install it. After getting the file it may need to be uncompressed especially if it ends with a .zip or .rar. After you have uncompressed the file you should now be able to run the program and install the device driver. If the driver fails to install it could be that you might have to install the Lenovo Thinkpad W500 driver another way.
Manual install directions for Lenovo Thinkpad W500 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.