- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see every device that are connected to your computer system.
- Find a yellow exclamation point and Double-Click on it. Another box will open up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If the location of the driver is needed, show them the download location for your Lenovo Thinkpad X230I driver.
- After completion, rebooting the PC may be necessary for any changes to take effect.
Lenovo Thinkpad X230I Drivers
Windows compatible Lenovo Thinkpad X230I drivers to a folder on your Windows computer so you are able to install a hardware device or peripheral and have it act accordingly. A driver is a file that is managed by the operating system that are comprised of basic hardware instructions so that the CPU can interpret it so that the computer can use the device that the small file belongs to. Without these tiny driver files downloaded and installed on your computer the hardware is useless and will not operate properly. You will have to have the correct installed on your personal computer so you can use this piece of hardware.
Every device connected to your computer have a specific driver file associated with it and it needs to be installed in Windows in order for them to be used. These devices can be a printer, floppy drive, phone or any other device that can be connected to a computer system in some sort of way.
- BRAND: Lenovo
- MODEL: Thinkpad X230I
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Because all hardware devices are different from each other, all driver files must be different, too. Because of this, it could appear on the outset to be a very difficult task to locate a Lenovo Thinkpad X230I driver for a particular device. For instance, every USB drive made by Corsaire has a particular driver made just for it. As you can see, it can be painstakingly difficult, at times, to find drivers available to download just for a particular manufacturer of hardware devices.
Being able to locate the proper Thinkpad X230I driver can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Here are a few things you need to know before you embark on your journey to the other side.
- The name of the manufacturer (if it is built into the PC then you can use the brand of the computer in order to find the right driver for the device)
- You need to know the model number of the device.
- The version of Windows operating system. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- Are you running a 64-bit operating system or just a 32-bit version of Windows? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". )
To save yourself a lot of time and headaches you must be sure to know the manufacturer and model number of the device and the right version and type of Windows operating system that the drivers will be installed on. Once you have all of your information about the hardware, you should look online for your specific Lenovo Thinkpad X230I drivers so you can install them on your PC.
Plenty of hardware manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online so you are able to download them at will. Not all hardware brand websites are optimized to show up in search results and use with any efficiency. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to think about a normal computer user and how much stress and torture comes with attempting to install drivers. A lot of customers have a difficult time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and struggling to find their way through a poorly constructed website can be psychotic.
Be extremely careful when downloading Thinkpad X230I drivers and driver files from random unknown websites. It would be best to stick with the hardware manufacturer's site if all possible. Spyware and viruses can be disguised as any file. Installing a Thinkpad X230I driver onto Windows is a huge mistake if the file ends up to be a virus that you downloaded from the Internet. Even the greatest anti-virus software can prevent ALL viruses. Because of the possibility of a virus download, we send you directly to the database on the device maker's website. Their websites are more trusted and better than other sites.
After you searched, found and received the driver from the Internet for the device attached to your computer system, you should be able to then install the driver. While on your system the driver file especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the driver file onto Windows. In some circumstances you must install the Lenovo Thinkpad X230I driver manually.
Manual install directions for Lenovo Thinkpad X230I drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.