- On the Windows desktop, Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see all the devices that is attached to your PC.
- Double-click on the yellow exclamation point. Another box will open up.
- Look for a "Driver" tab and click on it.
- Click on "Update Driver".
- If you are told to provide a location of the driver on your system, show them the download location for your Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 driver.
- After completion, rebooting the PC may be necessary for any changes to take effect.
Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 Drivers
Install and download Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 drivers from the web to a folder on your Windows computer so you may update older or missing device drivers and make your device act as your hardware device should act. Device drivers are just really small files that make up instructions for the processor to use in order to use the device that the small driver file actually pertains to. Without these drivers the hardware is meaningless and can not be operated. You should have drivers downloaded and actually installed on your Windows desktop or laptop computer so you can use this piece of hardware.
Almost all hardware devices that are connected to your system have drivers that have to be downloaded and installed onto the operating system in order for them to work correctly. These hardware devices can be a video card, disk drive, USB drive or anything else that can be connected to the pc by way of using a USB cable or some other cabling.
- BRAND: Sony
- MODEL: Vaio Vgn-Sr490
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as every device is different, all driver files must be different, too. Because of this that is may seem to be a monumental achievement to locate a Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 driver for a particular device. For instance, all the many different Motorola cell phone models has a particular driver made just for it. That adds up to thousands and thousands of drivers available to download just for a specific brand of hardware devices.
Finding and downloading the proper driver may be surprisingly hard to do. Here are a few things you need to know in order to make finding Vaio Vgn-Sr490 drivers much easier and safer!
- The name of the manufacturer (if it is actually on the motherboard then you just need the brand of the computer)
- You have the brand now you need the model.
- The type of Windows operating system that is installed on your computer system. (for all Windows versions, right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then make sure to highlight and left-click on "Properties". An information panel about your PC should now be open)
- Are you running a 64-bit operating system or just a 32-bit version of Windows? (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If is does not state 64-bit then go ahead and assume 32-bit.)
It is vital to know the manufacturer and model number of the device and the correct version of Windows that you will be installing the driver onto. After you have gathered the information you should look online for your specific Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 drivers and install them onto Windows.
One good thing about having the latest version of Windows is that (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10) makes quick work of most of the difficult parts for you and will install driver automatically. An occasion or two might come up in that a computer user may need to get on the Internet and find the Vaio Vgn-Sr490 driver for a particular hardware device that the OS was not able to install on its own. Which is probably the reason why you are here!
The majority of manufacturers list drivers of their hardware products online so you are able to download them at will. Some, but not all manufacturer websites are really that easy to find and they may not all be constructed for easy navigation. Some manufacturers do not take the time to think about a normal computer user and how much stress and torture comes with installing Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 drivers into Windows operating systems. A lot of consumers have a hard time figuring out the exact driver they should be looking for and struggling to navigate through a poorly designed site can be strenuous.
Be wary of downloading Vaio Vgn-Sr490 drivers and other files from a site you do not know. For safety reasons, try to only download from a device manufacturer's website. Viruses and other malware can be attached to any file. Going to a bad website and installing the wrong file is a mistake if it turns out to be a virus. No anti-virus software can prevent ALL viruses. This is why this site sends you to the device manufacturer's. The manufacturer's sites are more trusted and less likely to get a virus than anywhere else.
After you searched, found and received the driver file for the device attached to your computer system, you can locate the file on your hard drive and install it onto your computer system. After you have downloaded the file you may have to uncompress it especially if the file ends with either a .zip or .7z extension. After you have uncompressed the file you should install the driver. If the driver fails to install you must install the Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 driver manually.
Manual install directions for Sony Vaio Vgn-Sr490 drivers:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.