- Right-click on "My Computer" or "Computer". Left-click on "Manage".
- After the window pops up, go ahead and left-click on "Device Manager". You should now see a list of all the hardware devices that are currently connected to your computer.
- Double-click on anything with a yellow exclamation point. A new box will pop up.
- Click on a tab near the top named "Driver".
- Click on the "Update Driver" button.
- If the location of the driver is needed, tell the computer that the Toshiba Satellite S955D driver is located in your downloads folder.
- You may need to reboot the computer afterwards.
Toshiba Satellite S955D Drivers
Lots of Toshiba Satellite S955D drivers to download to a place where you know where it is so you may update older or missing device drivers and make your device improve its efficiency. Drivers are really just small text files used by the operating system that are composed of code for the processor to use so that the computer can use the device that the file corresponds to. If you do not download the appropriate driver files and install them correctly onto the operating system the device is meaningless and will not communicate with the operating system. You will have to have precise driver files downloaded and properly installed on your personal computer in order to operate the device within the operating system of your computer.
Every piece of hardware should have drivers associated with them and needs to be installed in order for them to work correctly. These hardware devices can be a keyboard, floppy drive, camera or any other device that can be connected to a computer system by way of using a USB cable or some other cabling.
- BRAND: Toshiba
- MODEL: Satellite S955D
- SYSTEM TYPE: Personal Computer
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
So as all devices are different from one another, there are a great many different driver files, as well. It is because of this that it could seem like a daunting task to locate your Toshiba Satellite S955D drivers. For example, every component on every single MSI motherboard must have a specific driver associated with it for it to function. That comes out to many, many driver files to wade through in order to find the right one only for that particular brand of hardware!
Searching for the correct Satellite S955D driver can be more difficult than doing your taxes by hand, but do not worry as help is here! Here is what you need to know to help make your device driver-hunting experience a little less scary and much more productive.
- The manufacturer, or brand, of the device for which you are looking for drivers. (if it is built into the PC then locate the brand of PC and use that)
- The model of the device you are searching for.
- Version of Windows that you are running. (for Windows type computers right-click on "My Computer" or aka "Computer" and then left-click on "Properties". )
- You will have to know if you have a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system. (if a 64-bit operating system is installed on your computer, then it will say so in the information window that opens from right-clicking on "My Computer" or "Computer" and then left-clicking on "Properties". If it doesn't say that you are running a 64-bit system then it is safe to say that you are running a 32-version of Windows.)
It is vital to know the manufacturer and model number of the device and Windows version which the computer is running. Once you have accurate info you should look online for your specific Toshiba Satellite S955D drivers and install them in your Windows OS computer.
Newer versions of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10) can easily find and download drivers for you and install the drivers automatically. An occasion or two might come up in that a user may need to manually track down a Satellite S955D driver for its hardware because Windows was not able to install it by itself. This is probably why you arrived at this page in the first place!
A lot of brands have device drivers able to be downloaded from their company website or server for use on desktop and laptop computers. Quite a few, but not all manufacturer's websites are really that easy to hunt down online and browse through. Some manufacturers websites are thrown together and do not like to think about the people that use the website and the difficulty involved in trying to install Toshiba Satellite S955D drivers on a laptop or desktop computer. Most people find it hard in figuring out which driver they should be hunting for and struggling to navigate a poorly designed website can be maddening , to say the least.
Watch out for when you download drivers and software from a site that does not end in a dot com. Try to stick to the device manufacturer's website to be on the safe side. Viruses and other malware can be attached to drivers and other common files. Downloading and trying to install a Satellite S955D driver onto a Windows computer can be the biggest mistake of your life if the file turns out to be corrupt. Even the greatest anti-virus software can kill ALL viruses on the Internet. This is why you should always download drivers from the manufacturer's website. The hardware maker's site is more trustworthy and more reliable than anyone else's.ToshibaSatellite S955D Replacement
Once you have located then downloaded from a reputable site the driver from online for the device you are wanting to use, you should be able to then install the driver. You may have to uncompress the file if the file extension is either .zip or .rar. Once the file is uncompressed you can install the driver file onto Windows. If, for some reason, the driver does not get installed you must do it manually.
Instructions for installing Toshiba Satellite S955D drivers manually:
We make every effort to make sure every link is working as it should.